The City of Laval says the upcoming meeting of city council at 7 pm on Tuesday Sept. 1 will take place (as have the past few sessions) in ‘virtual’ mode, with most councillors logging in and interacting on computers from their homes, although a few will be present at city hall.
As has been the case since March when the first virtual meeting took place with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Laval residents will be able to follow the meeting online at this web site: webdiffusion.laval.ca.
For public question period, questions can be submitted by e-mail, although some answers will only be given by e-mail (rather than by the mayor) if there are too many questions to answer during the meeting.
To ask a question:
- Go to conseilmunicipal.laval.ca and click Assemblées du conseil municipal.
- Download the registration form for public question period.
- On Sept. 1 between 5 and 5:45 pm, send the form when filled out by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note that it is also possible to include the question within the body of the e-mail.)
Note that at all times the question:
- must be addressed to the president (official speaker) of the council;
- must be written in appropriate and respectful language;
- must concern an issue of public interest and within the jurisdiction of the City of Laval;
- should be brief and precise (i.e. if a place is referred to, the full address should be provided).