Transport Quebec says that beginning at midnight on June 11, lanes will be closed, speed limits will be reduced and certain types of truck will be forbidden on the Papineau-Leblanc Bridge which takes Autoroute 19 over the Rivière des Prairies between Laval and Montreal, for an indefinite period of time.
- The left lane will be closed to traffic in north and south directions;
- The speed limit will be reduced to 70 km/h in both directions;
- Trucks and other heavy vehicles will have to use the centre lane in both directions;
- There will be weight restrictions on all trucks and other heavy vehicles.
It should be noted that the application of the restrictions will begin as soon as 8 pm on June 10 when special traffic signage is put into place.
The following vehicles will not be allowed on the bridge:
- Single-unit trucks weighing more than 26 tonnes;
- Double-unit trucks (ex.: semi-trailers) weighing more than 38 tonnes;
- Multi-unit trucks (ex.: truck trains) weighing more than 46 tonnes.
During the closure period, heavy vehicles above these limits are invited to use any of the following detours:
- Pont Viau (Route 335)
- Pont Médéric-Martin (Autoroute 15)