Saturday, September 25, 2021
spot_img

Event bookings down a third, Tourisme Laval survey says

According to a poll conducted by the agency responsible for promoting tourism in the Laval region, there has been a 33 per cent rate of cancellation for events scheduled in Laval since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, while 40 per cent have been postponed until next year, and 27 per cent will be taking place online to minimize risks of COVID-19 infection.

“For several weeks now, COVID-19 has been transforming our reality,” says Tourisme Laval president and general director Geneviève Roy. “Our partners and our clients are facing incredible challenges. Despite the uncertainty, sharing the findings of this survey is encouraging reflection towards a gradual return to normal. I am confident that our industry will be able to meet the challenges and will turn a new page. Creativity is our strength.”

The survey was conducted last week among more than 100 event organizers in Laval on the challenges they felt lay ahead. Other findings in the survey found that 91 per cent of organizers have been considering alternate ways for holding events, including videoconferencing (45 per cent), and smaller scale events (18 per cent).

Up to 50 per cent of survey participants said they were anticipating losing half their budget for holding events, while 13 per cent thought they could lose up to 75 per cent of budget for events. Twenty-six per cent did not anticipate any drop in their budget.

Martin C. Barryhttp://www.lavalnews.ca
LJI Reporter. A journalist with the Laval News since 2005. During his 24 years covering political and community issues in the Montreal region, Marty has won numerous journalism awards from the Quebec Community Newspapers Association for written coverage as well as for photography. marty@newsfirst.ca

Related Articles

Weather

Latest Articles